Re: [opensuse-ruby] A new packaging scheme for Ruby 2.1
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 01:23:25PM +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
I'd like to generate the following packages for Ruby 2.1

1. ruby-2.1
This would provide binaries (ruby, irb, rake, gem, ...) and a minimal
set of documentation (changelog, readme, news, ...)

2. libruby2
This would only provide the libruby2.1.so.2.0.0 shared library

3. ruby-stdlib
This would provide the /usr/lib64/ruby/2.1.0/ directory tree.

Which use case needs 1+2+3 separated?

4. ruby-doc
This would provide the full Ruby documentation including samples.

5. ruby-macros ?
This would be a new name for ruby-common, a package only used for
building ruby GEM packages.
Actually, I'm not happy about the name. It should reflect the package
usage. ruby-devel-build or ruby-build-macros could be alternatives.

6. ruby-devel, ruby-devel-extra, ruby-doc-ri
These would stay unchanged.
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

List Navigation