Re: [opensuse-ruby] The case against using RubyGems.org in production
On 01.07.2013 11:30, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Monday 01 July 2013 08:37:32 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Interesting read:

"Let’s get this out of the way: gems are awesome, and RubyGems.org is
a great service.

...But lately I’ve been feeling queasy every time I add a new gem to
an app. The more I think about it, the more it seems that the way we
use gems isn’t just flawed. It’s a disaster waiting to happen."

https://www.honeybadger.io/blog/2013/06/25/stop-using-rubygemsorg-in-produc
tion

The solution which is suggested in this blog, is, by the way, how we do it in
SUSE Studio. We run a geminabox server as source for all the gems we deploy.

You do "Review the code for treachery" too?