  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:07:33 +0000
Stephan Kulow (coolo@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Hi,

Want to know what I did for #hackweek8? I pulled ruby packaging apart
and put it back together.

[snipped]

As gem packaging has to be 99% automatic to compete with out of rpm gem,
I went for calling gem install with -f and ignore buildignores.

To have a way to check dependencies in OBS, I created a small package
called "all-good", that itself buildrequires all gems in the repository.
That means for a rails update you will only need one ring: update all
gems and then let the scheduler calculate if all-good can be expanded or
if something misses dependencies. (all-good has a script to update
the buildrequires if you had new gems)

I just updated that script (update-source.sh) so that it can be used
in other projects too:

However I noticed it also automatically generates BuildRequires: for
non-rubygem packages. Presumably this is unintentional? If so I'll
fix it.