  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:36:34 +0000
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> [Nov 06. 2012 18:26]:

There are two package namespaces, and it only pollutes one of them. I
can't think of any significant disadvantages caused by the pollution
though. If you can I'd be interested to hear about them.

One is certainly loading time for
- list of package in the project
- monitor page
- status page

I suspect the differences could be measured in milliseconds not
seconds ;-)

and all kinds of weird output from the search function.

Looks OK to me?

$ osc se -s -V sblim-sfcb

[snipped]

systemsmanagement:wbem sblim-sfcb - 62
4649a7e12be11d30250a730f51eaea26
systemsmanagement:wbem sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp1 1.3.7 2
8dd9bf6f04502bf92227ba7d6cd4edb5
systemsmanagement:wbem sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp2 1.3.11 3
b145a639b5f113dce555015af4b3c7a5
systemsmanagement:wbem sblim-sfcb-unstable 1.4.2 15
ac34c8b360ee1a6894ce24f67c882fdc

But namespace pollution is certainly secondary and should not prevent
us from moving forward in having multiversion in d:l:r:e

Right :)