* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Nov 07. 2012 13:07]:
On 07.11.2012 12:39, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

and then any product-oriented rpm could install the appropriate
multiversion policy / policies into /etc/zypp/multiversion.d/

Shouldn't multiversion be the default for zypper ?

Esp. since we put so much effort into shared library packaging with
the ability to install multiple versions in parallel ?

So you want to rewrite the software stack *and* the build service to
avoid what effort exactly? adding a suffix, right?

Psst, you almost revealed my secret plan to rewrite RPM and disallow
version suffixes alltogether.

SCNR !

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany