  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:26:30 +0000
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> [Nov 06. 2012 12:43]:
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
The 'bug' is that I need to create two different 'package' entries in
OBS. I'd rather see OBS support multiple versions for a package natively.

Presumably you mean a single package containing multiple spec files,
rather than a single spec file containing multiple versions?

Yes. I'm looking for native support for 'multiversion' in OBS.
Something like branches/tags in a source code control system.

Ah, I'd be surprised it that happened any time soon - presumably it
would require fundamental changes to the back-end.

And I
can't really see any advantages to this - none of the files inside the
project could be shared, so your current approach of using
sblim-sfcb-$something to provide clean separation of sources / spec /
changes / patches etc. seems to make the most sense to me.

Sure, its working nicely. But it pollutes the namespace.

There are two package namespaces, and it only pollutes one of them. I
can't think of any significant disadvantages caused by the pollution
though. If you can I'd be interested to hear about them.