* Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> [Nov 06. 2012 12:43]:
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> [Nov 05. 2012 19:54]:
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Nov 05. 2012 14:41]:

No, the suffix is only there to avoid clashes between two .rpm files.
You can't have rubygem-<gem> twice in the build service.

Where can I file feature (bug ?) reports against the build service ?
(SCNR!)

Then I'd advocate to keep the version suffix in the build service
package name (to work around the above mentioned build service bug)

I don't understand what the bug is? It already seems to work fine
in the example you cited:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=sblim-sfcb.spec&package=sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp1&project=systemsmanagement%3Awbem

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=sblim-sfcb.spec&package=sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp2&project=systemsmanagement%3Awbem

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The 'bug' is that I need to create two different 'package' entries in
OBS. I'd rather see OBS support multiple versions for a package natively.

Presumably you mean a single package containing multiple spec files,
rather than a single spec file containing multiple versions?

Yes. I'm looking for native support for 'multiversion' in OBS.
Something like branches/tags in a source code control system.

The latter sounds like a disaster.

Oh, absolutely. Adding a new version must not change any files of the
older versions.

But the former poses several
challenges too, e.g. how would 'osc build' know which to build?

If OBS supports multiversions, I'd expect 'osc build' to build the
latest version by default and offer the ability to specify a version.

And I
can't really see any advantages to this - none of the files inside the
project could be shared, so your current approach of using
sblim-sfcb-$something to provide clean separation of sources / spec /
changes / patches etc. seems to make the most sense to me.

Sure, its working nicely. But it pollutes the namespace.

Regards,

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany