  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:43:25 +0000
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> [Nov 05. 2012 19:54]:
Klaus Kaempf (kkaempf@xxxxxxx) wrote:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Nov 05. 2012 14:41]:

No, the suffix is only there to avoid clashes between two .rpm files.
You can't have rubygem-<gem> twice in the build service.

Where can I file feature (bug ?) reports against the build service ?
(SCNR!)

Then I'd advocate to keep the version suffix in the build service
package name (to work around the above mentioned build service bug)

I don't understand what the bug is? It already seems to work fine
in the example you cited:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=sblim-sfcb.spec&package=sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp1&project=systemsmanagement%3Awbem

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=sblim-sfcb.spec&package=sblim-sfcb-sle11-sp2&project=systemsmanagement%3Awbem

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The 'bug' is that I need to create two different 'package' entries in
OBS. I'd rather see OBS support multiple versions for a package natively.

Presumably you mean a single package containing multiple spec files,
rather than a single spec file containing multiple versions? The
latter sounds like a disaster. But the former poses several
challenges too, e.g. how would 'osc build' know which to build? And I
can't really see any advantages to this - none of the files inside the
project could be shared, so your current approach of using
sblim-sfcb-$something to provide clean separation of sources / spec /
changes / patches etc. seems to make the most sense to me.