* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Nov 05. 2012 14:41]:

No, the suffix is only there to avoid clashes between two .rpm files.
You can't have rubygem-<gem> twice in the build service.

Where can I file feature (bug ?) reports against the build service ?
(SCNR!)

Then I'd advocate to keep the version suffix in the build service
package name (to work around the above mentioned build service bug)

This should then allow us to have multiple versions of the same
(ruby)gem in a build service project.

Example:

d:l:r:e/rubygem-foo-1_0 (-> builds rubygem-foo-1.0)
foo-1.0.gem
rubygem-foo.spec
rubygem-foo.changes

d:l:r:e/rubygem-foo-1_1 (-> builds rubygem-foo-1.0)
foo-1.1.gem
rubygem-foo.spec
rubygem-foo.changes

Note: the version suffix is only in the build service name, not in the
.spec, .changes, or .rpm file.

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany