Re: [opensuse-ruby] .gitignore in gems
On 05.11.2012 14:38, Adam Spiers wrote:

No need to CC me on everything, as you may have found out already - I'm
part of the list.

Stephan Kulow (coolo@xxxxxxx) wrote:
On 05.11.2012 11:38, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Well, I know one gem, that have reason. It is gem with generator, that
generate project and it generate also .gitignore which is just copyied from
original destination (so no suffix), but I think it can be easy
workarounded ( and gem is our own, so it is not problem to change it ).
Josef

If there are cases, it makes sense to support them via
export KEEP_GITIGNORE=1
%gem_install -f

That sounds good. I will update /usr/lib/rpm/gem_install_wrapper.sh
and generate a submitrequest for ruby19, but only if someone can
answer the following:

- Once I've built a new ruby19, how can I ensure that it is used
locally by 'osc build' of a gem, to test my changes?
osc build -p will do

- Which repository should I branch from / submitrequest to?
You should branch from openSUSE:Factory, which will then automatically
do the right thing - and in the end you will submit to the devel project
of it - devel:languages:ruby

- Why doesn't gem_install_wrapper.sh belong in ruby-common?
Mostly because ruby-1.8 already has one such file and ruby-common needs
to work with it.