Re: [opensuse-ruby] Packaging rails applications for openSUSE
On 02.08.2012 15:22, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:

I would go for that. I know is against how we've done things in the past
but I think you can look at rubygems as part of your application and not
part of the system.

Why would a curl gem be part of the appliaction but libcurl be part of
the system? The curl gem is just a ruby library on top of the C library.
And as a matter of fact the chances that a change in the libcurl breaks
your application are much higher than a change in the rubygem-curl.