Re: [opensuse-ruby] Packaging schema.rb for rails applications
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:33:32 +0200
On 07/20/2012 05:45 PM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 20.7.2012 15:57, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Hi, I now face one design issue we have in SLMS. We mark schema.rb as non-config
and handle failed write during db:migration. I think that it is not good
approach
and schema.rb should contain correct state of database.

Well, schema.rb is part of slms-core package, so if it is packaged correctly it
should contain the latest DB state. I.e. the file should contain the correct
content
even _before_ running migrations.

I think there is no need to update it, the file from RPM should be up to date
already.

You need to make sure that you actually create that file (packaged in RPM) with the very same Rails that the application runs on. Some Rails versions just generate that file differently.

Maybe we should first check why that file gets regenerated even if it's actually not needed.

Bye
Lukas

--
Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha