Re: [opensuse-ruby] Packaging schema.rb for rails applications
Dne 20.7.2012 15:57, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Hi, I now face one design issue we have in SLMS. We mark schema.rb as
non-config
and handle failed write during db:migration. I think that it is not good
approach
and schema.rb should contain correct state of database.

Well, schema.rb is part of slms-core package, so if it is packaged correctly it
should contain the latest DB state. I.e. the file should contain the correct
content
even _before_ running migrations.

I think there is no need to update it, the file from RPM should be up to date
already.

How do you handle such situation? mark schema.rb as config or symlink
somewhere
in /var/lib? Ignore it?

In webyast it's handled the same way as in SLMS.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer