Re: [opensuse-ruby] Fwd: [obs submit-request 127033] openSUSE:Factory/puppet-dashboard: declined by coolo
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:33:49 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11.07.2012 14:51, James Tan wrote:
Ping, no comments from anyone?

For the short/immediate term I highly recommend that we go with
allowing the bundling of gems in applications.

This ruby community is great in exchanging ideas :)

Greetings, Stephan

Well, what you ideas you expect? For me it is reinventing wheel. It is
exactly same for me like discussion if we should link libraries
statically or dynamic. I see there same pros&cons. And question is if
we want user to get bundled apps from us ( some appliacation is so
complex, fragile, that any dependency change can break it ) or if he
should download it outside of distribution ( like we do now with
bundled libraries, e.b. games from humble bumble, that often contain
static libraries ).

I see there only small difference, that more ruby library authors ignore
backward compatibilty ( just my observation ), but it is not bug
difference.

So what we should discuss? It is clear decision what we want distribute.