Re: [opensuse-ruby] -rvendor-specific doesn't exist in ruby 1.9 in Factory
On 2012-06-04 11:44:00 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 04.06.2012 11:40, Tim Serong wrote:
Hi All,

The devel:languages:ruby:extensions/ruby-fcgi build is failing ATM because:

Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.vtRX8Z
+ ruby -rvendor-specific install.rb config
/usr/lib64/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot
load such file -- vendor-specific (LoadError)
from /usr/lib64/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
`require'

Our ruby 1.8 supported -rvendor-specific, but 1.9 apparently does not.
Do we need this? Or can I just get rid of the "-rvendor-specific" bits
from the ruby-fcgi spec file?

(I'm not familiar with this option...)

Hi Tim,

This is not an option, but -r pulls in another module. And
vendor-specific was a module ruby 1.8 never had officially, we patched it.

And this never took off upstream, I decided not to carry this over in 1.9.

The idea behind vendor-specific is that it overwrites sitedir with
vendordir if you call it. As this can't be used upstream, this only
happens in our packages (and cmake very interestingly).

Try just to drop it.

1. so instead of providing one little file to install things to
vendor_ruby we will patch every single setup.rb to support a --vendor
parameter?

2. another option would be of course to move all our own code into gems
... and install it that way.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux