Re: Re: [opensuse-ruby] rails 3 performance
Am Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 16:34:49 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 20.03.2012 16:33, Dominik Bamberger wrote:
Am Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 16:28:09 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
I don't intend to patch ruby for rails - rails 2 and rails 3 use the
same ruby version.

Greetings, Stephan

So what do you intend to do?
- live with it being slower?
- disable GC?
- sprinkle some executive powder on it?

Stay with rails 2 till ruby 3.17 finally solves the problem?

Greetings, Stephan

I don't see that happening. But if staying with Rails 2 (and therefore
backporting security patches and such) is possible for you, it might be a
valid option after all. If project however has a certain size, you might wanna
give the GC patch at least a try. Otherwise you'll just end up with a lot of
tedious work.

All the best,
Dominik