Re: [opensuse-ruby] RFC: Have 1.8 and 1.9 gems in one package
Am 12.03.2012 10:29, schrieb Flavio Castelli:
On 03/11/2012 11:16 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
1. Most of the executables are just wrappers for the real stuff
happening in ruby modules, so just package the executables for the
default ruby version.
2. add a suffix to the non-default ruby versions
3. add a suffix to all executables and provide update-alternative hooks
all around
4. even more complex stuff :)

I think the 3rd solution is the best one. The 1st one sounds like the
easiest one, but as you said it doesn't work on all cases.

Option 2 is what I implemented for the moment :)

Assuming that most setups will have one ruby only, it appeared to me
as the easiest solution. But I'm fine with enhancing this before finalizing.