[opensuse-ruby] RVM integration
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:44:38PM +0200, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 31/03/11 11:10, Flavio Castelli wrote:
On Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:11:21 am Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
rvm provides a much superior experience for ruby developers than
d:l:r:e, so I would focus on providing an easy way to get rvm in and
configured.

You are right, rvm is really cool. How would you like to see it integrated
into SUSE?

Yeah, probably that's the way to go. I checked the package rubygem-rvm
and updated it to latest version, but it seems the tempo of releasing
new versions is rather high[1]. Do you think it makes sense to push this
rubygem to Factory (and make sure it is updated also just before the
version freeze)? Also what kind of integration would be needed to add to
the package?

I think a valuable enhancement would be to make RVM manage many
system rubies, so that we combine the strengths of openSUSE
packaging them and RVM switching between them.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

List Navigation