Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-releaseteam (10 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-releaseteam] science:machinelearning as develprj oS:Factory
On 10/18/18 3:26 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2018-10-18 at 09:08 +0200, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
On 18 Oct 08:48, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Wed, 2018-10-17 at 17:29 +0200, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
Hi Egbert,

On 17 Oct 17:27, Egbert Eich wrote:
Hi!

I would like to request the project science:machinelearning
(https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/science:machinelearning)
to be added as a devel project for oS:Factory.

The rationale behind this is as follows:
Machine learning a new field with a growing set of software. It
is part of HPC, however, still different from the bulk of software
we have in science. Moreover, sience is quite crowded as it is
already.
Moreover, the group of people interested and looking into machine
learning is usually not identical to those interested in the low
level HPC compute stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Please send this mail to Factory list instead.

Why? Nobody on the factory list (except the people also on this list)
can add a new devel project to the whitelist.

That's where we announce the introduction? Did I miss something

According the process, a new PACKAGE should be introduced on the
-factory list; a new devel project was not listed having the
requirement to be mention (and for packages this is also not enforced)

Request a new devel project part on wiki[1] is outdated though, we no longer using dashboard/config to whitelisting the new project but via project's attribute.

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:How_to_contribute_to_Factory

Regards,
Max