Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-python (27 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-python] 2 new Patches for Salt in Tumbleweed
Hi list,

I hope this is the right place for this email. Let me know if you feel that
another mailing list is a better place for this, since I’m planning to make
this a regular thing.

As you might know, the Salt that is shipped in Tumbleweed is coming from
systemsmanagement:saltstack[0] and systemsmanagement:saltstack:testing[1]. When
this structure was initially created, it was planned to have
systemsmanagement:saltstack:testing to allow interested people to test the
upcoming updates. I think this was forgotten over time and of course updates
where not announced by Salt maintainers - so nobody was aware without tracking
the OBS repos. In order to fix this I would like to have announcements like
this in the future with a few days prior to copypac-ing the changes to
systemsmanagement:saltstack and the SR to openSUSE:Factory.

So without future ado I’d like to inform you that there is an update in
systemsmanagement:saltstack:testing:

+# PATCH-FIX_UPSTREAM: https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/56419
+Patch114: option-to-en-disable-force-refresh-in-zypper-215.patch
+# PATCH-FIX_OPENSUSE: https://github.com/openSUSE/salt/pull/229
+Patch115: fix-a-test-and-some-variable-names-229.patch

You can add the repository with `zipper ar
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/saltstack/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
salt-testing`.

Please let me know if you run into any issue!

Thanks a lot!

Jochen

[0] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/systemsmanagement:saltstack/salt
[1]