[opensuse-project] Re: Governance Model
On Sun 2020-07-19, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
I could never support waiting for governance to dissolve before we
elect the new governance though, this opens up the project to a wide
array of abuse

That's a good point.

I have been in support of coming up with another governance model/role
in the community before all this happened, and have been looking around
for one that might result in more interest in being elected, so it would
be cool to discuss those things and start some working group so we can
come up with something concrete.

Soo, how do we best go about that? Vinz voiced interest as well.

One option is for you (Stasiek) to run for the open board seat and then
help drive it from that position.

And/or forming a group completely independently of any of the existing
bodies and teams we have at openSUSE right now - which does have strong
merit of its own.

I expect these talk will require a lot of cooperation with SUSE

I am confident to say that SUSE is going to be very open to any
constructive proposals. Do not expect SUSE to kick off and drive, but
for them/us (wearing that hat of mine) being available to participate
and contribute, preferrably once there is a bit of substance and concrete
ideas/proposals to consider, discuss, and refine.

Gerald