Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Discord
On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 01:05, Maximilian Trummer
<maximilian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's not a good choice for FOSS communities anyway:
https://sneak.berlin/20200220/discord-is-not-an-acceptable-choice-for-free-software-projects/

Beside the moral argument about not being FOSS that I agree with, the
article's other arguments are either subjective or inaccurate (it does
not require your phone number).

So, unless you have better ideas, I think we might need to keep using
Discord ;)

Discord has also an advantage of being popular among younger Linux
users and gamers which are both important parts of the Linux community
as a whole.
I don't think it would be fair to dismiss a community that already
exists and is actively involved.
Best,
Maurizio