Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board - Non-Confidence Petition results
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 23:51:04 -0400
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 11:41 PM Ariez Vachha - openSUSE
<AJV@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The results of the openSUSE Board - Non-Confidence Petition are as follows:

* Total number of eligible voters: 509
* Total number of votes recorded: 104
* Number of "Yes" votes recorded: 59
* Number of "Blank" votes recorded: 45
* Percentage of "Yes" votes: 11.6%

* Result insufficient support. - The petition requires over 20% of the
membership for to trigger an election of the whole board.

I'd like to thank the Election Committee for going through this very
difficult task of executing on an aspect of our governance that we
really never had to use before. They have done an admirable job in the
face of logistical and technical issues.

Also, I'm pleased to see that the membership has signaled its
confidence in the board. I'm hopeful we can put this mess behind us
and move forward now.

Details of the upcoming election for the unfilled board seats will be
published here in the next few days.

And as I said back in March[1], I'm hoping Stasiek Michalski will run
for the Board. He's an awesome, passionate contributor that represents
the true spirit of the community well.

[1]: https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2020-03/msg00033.html