Aw: Re: [opensuse-project] Non-Confidence Petition
  • From: Sarah Julia Kriesch <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 18:44:44 +0200

Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juli 2020 um 16:40 Uhr
Von: "Vojtěch Zeisek" <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-project] Non-Confidence Petition

Dne úterý 14. července 2020 14:57:43 CEST, Christian Boltz napsal(a):
Anyway - there are some hours left to vote, and I still encourage
everybody who thinks the board made serious mistakes to vote for
a re-election of the whole board.
Tomorrow we'll see the results of the vote, which will - besides
answering the question what the community thinks about the current
board and if we'll have a full re-election - also show if my or
your point of view was right.

I wonder if people who started and/or support the petition have any idea, or
better, plan, what to do next. Many problems with the Board were pointed out,
but were there clear evidences to convince people to sign the petition? We'll
see. And if the petition succeeds, what will be next? Who will run for the
Board under current situation? Of course, such argumentation is not
sufficient
to not sign the petition, I just wish to point out, that destroying is easier
than creating and I wonder if anyone has any plan, how to make the project
great again...? ;-)

Let's watch that from another perspective: "How can the openSUSE project be
great with the existing Board and their decisions?"

openSUSE has got a fantastic community living from their Members and
Contributors.
We have to follow our guidelines for interacting in such situations. Our plan
has not been destroying the community.
We want to "rescue" our project in this situation. Do you really believe we
would find any volunteer for the single position in the existing Board?
I would be optimistic that it is more possible with a whole new openSUSE Board.
Nobody wants to work in an environment with excluding
Board Members (colleagues) or saving people trolling with the reason of a
former position.

I know that it is a difficult decision without the own experience within that.
You have to live with quotations of different emails.
But I can fully agree with Christian. There is enough stuff by the openSUSE
Board on this mailing list with "more than mistakes".
I expect another conduct by openSUSE Board Members. They have destroyed the
affair for their own.

So you have got the opinion of two former Board Members with the experience in
this Board.

Best regards,
Sarah
--