Re: [opensuse-project] Non-Confidence Petition
Hello,

Am Montag, 13. Juli 2020, 23:28:25 CEST schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
Op maandag 13 juli 2020 22:56:02 CEST schreef Christian Boltz:
Am Montag, 29. Juni 2020, 19:52:51 CEST schrieb Ish Sookun:
We have set up an electronic petition on Helios for the
Non-Confidence Vote that Pierre Böckmann called for [1] on the
13th of March 2020.

The petition will end on the 14th of July 2020 at 23h59 CET.

As a reminder: if you think we should have a re-election of the
whole board (for the reasons given in [1] and all the discussion
around this), but didn't sign the petition yet: please don't wait
too long.

The ballots will close in about a day.

I consider this message sheer propaganda. Ahd state here officially
that I will not vote, and I strongly suggest every member on this
list not to do so either. There is nothing wrong with the current
Board. They've dealt with every single issue so far as one might
expect of an openSUSE Board.

Right, I forgot that all board members are angels.

</sarcasm>

Jokes aside: We obviously disagree, and that's ok - I won't force you to
agree with me ;-) Actually I would even agree with your last sentense
if it would say "... as _I_ (Gertjan) might expect ...".

However, since you wrote it in a general way ("... as _one_ might expect
..."), I can only disagree - and given the long discussions we had on
this list, I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one who heavily
disagrees with what the board has done.

It's also interesting that you wrote "as one might expect" and not
something like "the board didn't make any serious mistake".

Personally, I'd even say the current board made the worst mistakes (yes,
plural :-( ) an openSUSE board ever made [2] - which includes kicking
out a board member for a sidenote in a request for help in a conflict
resolution (without even giving her a chance to explain why she wrote
that), later publishing the reasons for the forced resignation (while
having promised to keep that confidential) and - worst - followed by
some mails from individual board members with the obvious intention to
destroy her reputation.
Sorry, but that's not what I'd expect from an openSUSE board.

(That was the diplomatic version, and I skipped at least one earlier
unrelated and IMHO questionable board decision in the above text.)

And please stop digging, Christian. What if you end up being 100%
right but on your own?

I could ask you the same question ;-) - I'm sure you think what you
wrote is 100% right, but you also know that I disagree.

You should know me good enough to know that I usually know what I'm
doing - and if it turns out that I was wrong (which of course happens
sometimes [3], luckily not too often ;-) well, then I'll learn from that
and try not to repeat that mistake.

Anyway - there are some hours left to vote, and I still encourage
everybody who thinks the board made serious mistakes to vote for a
re-election of the whole board.

Tomorrow we'll see the results of the vote, which will - besides
answering the question what the community thinks about the current board
and if we'll have a full re-election - also show if my or your point of
view was right.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: Carlos, thanks for stating the obvious.

[1] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2020-03/msg00091.html

[2] well, to my knownledge - which means an inside view for 3 years, and
an outside view for longer than openSUSE or a board exists.
Therefore I'm somewhat sure that my statement would even be true
without this footnote.

[3] I won't even try to claim that I'm perfect and/or an angel ;-)

--
What are you doing?!? The message is over, GO AWAY!