[opensuse-project] Re: Non-Confidence Petition
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 20:43:28 -0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:44:42 +0200, Richard Brown wrote:

The petition only has one option

"YES" to express no confidence in the Board

So the correct advice for anyone who shares your opinion (like myself)
would be to not sign the petition at all :)

Not to nitpick, but you can choose no option (as I did) and submit a
vote. The end result is the same, though - a vote for confidence in the
board. :) For my own part, taking the explicit action of submitting a
ballot without the option selected was important to me.

As we all have, I've had some time to consider where things ended up
after the blow-up earlier this year, and I ultimately felt that I had to
stand by a statement that I made - I voted for all the members of the
board, and I would again. Which means that I have confidence in them and
their ability to do the job of running the board.

They're human (as we all are), which means that they may make mistakes,
especially when viewed in hindsight (which is nearly always 20/20). But
at the end of the day, I believe that they're doing the best they can,
and I have confidence in their ability to continue to do so.

I, for one, am tired of divisiveness in the world. Let's end this (by
showing confidence in the board) so we can all move on.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson