Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board

On 28. Feb 2020, at 18:09, Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 16:40, Jason Evans <jsevans@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/28/20 12:54 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I second that. I think we are owed an explanation.
I remember a kerfuffle some time ago where members requested that board
meeting notes be made public. The response (I'm paraphrasing) was that
sometimes the board deals with personal matters regarding members of the
community and it would not be share those details publicly. We are all
rational adults for the most part and we understand that. However that
doesn't mean that transparency should be thrown out of the window. If
something happened that could potentially affect the community, then it
would be best to be open about it. If something happened that caused
multiple board members to leave then there should be a statement about it
even if it means omitting personal information about anyone involved.
In a few months there will be another election of board members. One
question that should be posed for anyone running again should be "what is
your opinion about an open and transparent board and would you work towards
this goal?"

This has already been asked almost every term, and multiple people within the
board were absolutely for it for multiple years, but it seems it's too hard
to change the board from inside the board

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world

Two thoughts, one serious, one less so

Serious point first:

One of the Boards primary roles is dealing with interpersonal issues. Such
issues need to be dealt with in great privacy for all involved and the Project
as a whole and many individuals would be worse off without the kind of
discretion that is clearly on display from Gerald and called for by Christian.

I think that is to be applauded and not seen as a negative.

Less serious point- maybe you’d have a better idea of whether or not the Board
can be changed from within if you ran for the position like many contributors
(myself included) asked you to?