Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 18:20:14 +0100
Op vrijdag 28 februari 2020 18:09:27 CET schreef Stasiek Michalski:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 16:40, Jason Evans <jsevans@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/28/20 12:54 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I second that. I think we are owed an explanation.

I remember a kerfuffle some time ago where members requested that
board meeting notes be made public. The response (I'm paraphrasing)
was that sometimes the board deals with personal matters regarding
members of the community and it would not be share those details
publicly. We are all rational adults for the most part and we
understand that. However that doesn't mean that transparency should
be thrown out of the window. If something happened that could
potentially affect the community, then it would be best to be open
about it. If something happened that caused multiple board members to
leave then there should be a statement about it even if it means
omitting personal information about anyone involved.

In a few months there will be another election of board members. One
question that should be posed for anyone running again should be
"what is your opinion about an open and transparent board and would
you work towards this goal?"

This has already been asked almost every term, and multiple people
within the board were absolutely for it for multiple years, but it
seems it's too hard to change the board from inside the board

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_meetings

--