Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board
Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2020, 14:13:59 CET schrieb Michal Kubecek:
On Friday, 28 February 2020 13:32 Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Fri 2020-02-28, Per Jessen wrote:
Dear board: I'm looking for more than the current standard
"bye bye" Emails here.

I second that. I think we are owed an explanation.

Before we are into thirding and fourthing, let me quote Christian:
"In the best interest of the openSUSE project and everybody

involved, please don't speculate about the details or ask for them."

Most of us, people managers maybe more than others, have experienced
cases where keeping things confidential was in the best interest of
some of the people involved, but also third parties. This is one of
those cases. I'd like to ask everyone to trust Christian's judgement
and honor his request; I fully second both.

I'm sorry but saying what Christian said IMHO hardly counts as "keeping
things confidential". If he wanted to "keep things confidential", he
should not have said anything about the reasons. Indicating something
about principles and beliefs and refusing to say more was guaranteed to
provoke speculations and asking us not to could hardly change that.

Michal Kubeček

exactly.

So - where is this heading?
And - will there be board elections soon? Because the way I see it, if there
are just "replacements" "installed" wthout a vote... I just do not like the
smell of it at all.

Related: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board needs updating.
Also, it clearly says the board members are *elected*. Not appointed by the
chair.

Cheers
MH

--