Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board
Hi, Christian:

On 2/27/20 11:20 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Dear openSUSE community,

in the last weeks, some things happened in the board that are completely
against my principles and beliefs. I don't want to go into details, and
will get straight to the heart:

I'm resigning from the board.

I am extremely disappointed to hear this. I don't need the details, I just wish to let you know that I admire people who stand up for their principles.

I don't even need to agree with the principle (not saying I don't), so therefore I do not have any need to know what or why.

There is one thing I'll open up for discussion: One of my heroes tasks
is to maintain the elections.opensuse.org server. I don't have any evil
plans ;-) but I could fully understand if someone thinks that I better
should keep my fingers off it and hand it over to another hero.
If someone thinks so, please speak up (doesn't need to be public, you
can even ask a board member to relay it to me anonymously). I guarantee
that I won't be mad at whoever asks for this. However, the hero who has
to take over maintenance of elections.o.o might be ;-)

Speaking as a former Elections Official, I see absolutely no reason for that to change, if you are willing to continue. You have done an excellent and conflict-of-interest-free job of taking care of that task.

Personally, I will miss having you on the Board, but glad you are sticking around to continue your valuable contributions to openSUSE.

--
-Gerry Makaro
openSUSE Member