Re: [opensuse-project] Stepping down of the openSUSE Board
On 2/11/20 1:33 PM, Simon Lees wrote:

As not much of the term has started since the vote was completed,
could the runner-up fill in Sarah's spot? That would be Vinzenz
Vietzke, based on the voting results[1].

Vinzenz, would you be willing to take up the spot if the Board would
like you to?

As a former Elections Committee member, my own personal recommendation would be to select Vinzenz, next in line in the very recent balloting.

I suspect, as well, that if I was still on the Committee, the other Committee Members would agree with me, and we would then forward that recommendation to the Board.

The Board, though, technically has the final say in this situation:

Under our election rules [1] the board may choose to appoint a candidate
to sit until the next election rather then holding fresh elections.
Given how recent Sarah's resignation was the board is yet to discuss it
but yes under our current rules the board could choose to appoint
Vinzenz to the board he would then have to run for election again the
next time elections are held. I suspect this will be an option that the
board will look at.

1. https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_election_rules

--
-Gerry Makaro