Re: [opensuse-project] Sorry!
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 16:28:01 +0100

Gesendet: Montag, 10. Februar 2020 um 13:53 Uhr
Von: "Neal Gompa" <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
Cc: oS-project <opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-project] Sorry!

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 2:12 PM Sarah Julia Kriesch <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Neal,
Dear openSUSE community,

I would like to apologize to all who have felt to be ignored as Advocates or
tackled by what I said in the last weeks. I didn't want to hurt you,
and have to admit that - since we are such a big community - I wasn't
aware of all activities and contributions by all Contributors in our
special and local
groups.

I wanted to suggest improvements.

Improving the marketing of openSUSE is definitely a worthy goal. But
one thing that confused me about the whole thing is that I was
surprised that you didn't know we had any Eastern contributors. I
would have thought that the fact we've had openSUSE.Asia for the past
several years was indicative that we have a fairly large base there.

Heck, if anything, our biggest weakness is in the Americas, where we
have nearly no presence and have no events happening most years.

I have known about the openSUSE Asia Summit. But Asia contains more than China
and Hong Kong.
Additionally, that is larger than Europe. I did not say anything against all
people of openSUSE Asia.
You are scattered over all countries in Asia. Some of them are living in India
as an example.
I did not say anything that you would be inactive. I said that you would be a
low number of Advocates
in a specific country. Sorry that I was wrong.

Best regards,
Sarah