Re: [opensuse-project] Sorry!
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:53:05 -0500
On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 2:12 PM Sarah Julia Kriesch <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx> wrote:

Dear openSUSE community,

I would like to apologize to all who have felt to be ignored as Advocates or
tackled by what I said in the last weeks. I didn't want to hurt you,
and have to admit that - since we are such a big community - I wasn't
aware of all activities and contributions by all Contributors in our special
and local
groups.

I wanted to suggest improvements.

Improving the marketing of openSUSE is definitely a worthy goal. But
one thing that confused me about the whole thing is that I was
surprised that you didn't know we had any Eastern contributors. I
would have thought that the fact we've had openSUSE.Asia for the past
several years was indicative that we have a fairly large base there.

Heck, if anything, our biggest weakness is in the Americas, where we
have nearly no presence and have no events happening most years.