[opensuse-project] Minutes of openSUSE Board meeting 2020-01-22
Present: Axel, Christian, Gerald, Gertjan, Marina, Simon

== FOSDEM ==

* Several of us (board members) are going to attend FOSDEM in Brussels,
February 1st/2nd 2020.
* We'll also be attending the LibreOffice social dinner Saturday evening.

== openSUSE+LibreOffice conference ==

* Refresher: October 13-16, 2020 in Nürnberg
* https://events.opensuse.org/conferences/oSLO

* A logo has been jointly selected by the openSUSE and LibreOffice teams;
Details to follow on news.opensuse.org.
* Going to use openSUSE infrastructure for call of papers.
* Looking for some volunteers on the organization team; if you are
interested please reach out to Marina Latini <deneb_alpha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
and Douglas DeMaio <ddemaio@xxxxxxxx>.
(Gertjan is going to help via IRC and with submission reviews.)
* KDE will celebrate their 24th anniversary on the first day of the event,
so there may be opportunity for some joint celebration.

== Marina has joined SUSE ==

* Since there's only a single elected SUSE employee on the current board
this does not impact the constitution of the board.
* Marina is going to update https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board .

== Minutes of this meeting ==

* We'll strive to do better going forward.
* Gertjan and Simon hope to send minutes for past board meetings out soon.

== openSUSE Forums Move ==

* The move of the openSUSE Forums from Micro Focus IT in Provo to the
openSUSE Heroes in Nürnberg is in the works.
* Gerald had to escalate syncing of the database which got stalled, hoping
for resolution soon.

== Board Election ==

* Board election is ongoing (190 voted at the time of the meeting).

== openSUSE.Asia Summit 2020 proposal ==

* We received what looks like a nicely worked out proposal.
* AI all board members: review and provide feedback.
  • No further messages