Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list
On Mon, 2020-01-27 at 10:33 +0100, Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
There may not be many Chinese people listed on that old crusty wiki
page but as a champion of the openSUSE Asia community I have to
strongly object to any suggestion that "we don't have many
Contributors
in China"

We have a lot, and I hope none of them are insulted by the
suggestion
from a Board candidate that they don't exist.

Sorry, that I didn't know abot these openSUSE Contributors!
The question is, why we don't contribute to other open-source events
in Asia then.
That's it, what Ariez wants to know and needs. I want to support
them.
That is not possible, if we don't know about them as Advocates.

We do contribute to other open-source events in Asia..all the time..

Coscup, every GNOME Asia I can think of, events across indonesia,
japan, china.. our Asian community generally and Chinese community
specifically are everywhere, all the time.

We don't formally track Advocates and haven't for quite some time, ever
since the Board decided to officially end the program as a formal
affair and encorage anyone to advocate for openSUSE.

You were part the Board that made that decision at our Face to Face
Board meeting in Prague. This is when Simon Lees moved the page you
linked to the wiki Archive on day 2 of that meeting, on 23 May 2018:

https://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Archive:Advocates_list&diff=131162&oldid=125920

So I would expect that Archived page to be totally wrong and out of
date - it was wrong and out of date when we all agreed to Archive it..

Regards,
--
Richard Brown
Linux Distribution Engineer - Future Technology Team

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409
Nuernberg
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer