Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:12:03 +0100
Hi Ariez,

Welcome to openSUSE! Everybody of us had to start anywhere at openSUSE.
We had this topic "How to make the start at openSUSE easier" in the Board and
different teams.

Most non-technical teams (Translation, Advocates (Representatives at events)/
Marketing and others)
have good descriptions as wiki pages. The problem is that you have to use
Google with those key words
to find them at the moment.

You are living in China. We don't have many Contributors in China and therefore
our Chinese list with Advovates
at open-source events is not really long[0] with 1 Advocate. That is what I
meant that we need more Advocates
at open-source events.

4 years ago, I created my first slides for an overview about the latest
openSUSE release and how to
start as a Contributor. I have improved them yearly and that was represented at
most open-source events
in Germany. Those slides have been shared with other Advocates, too. That is in
German at the moment.
I will translate that, that they can be used in other countries, too.

Best regards,
Sarah

[0]https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Advocates_list