Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list

On 24. Jan 2020, at 12:51, Sarah Julia Kriesch <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx> wrote:

I didn't want to go into too much detail in my original email because it
was a private discussion of the team. But as you have now directly
referred to the conversation, I feel I must firmly state that I still
outright dismiss your characterisation of the discussion that you,
individually "had to suggest this solution more than 3 times that was
accepted by SUSE employees in the Board".

I don't forbid to write your past opinions here. :)

I think it would be grossly inappropriate for me to abuse the trust of current
and previous board members by raising my past opinions in this way.

The Board has to be able to discuss matters in confidence that it won’t be
abused by board colleagues in future Board candidates, and even though I am no
longer in the Board I believe that principle to be sacrosanct.

I am disappointed you are willing and encouraging me to abuse such trust in
this way.

Do you mean, we have to wait for a database dump in Germany more than 3
months?
I know that you have received ssh access for Provo as our Chairman in the
past.
Do you want to volunteer for us in Provo, if that was fun for you? ;)

I do not, and have never received ssh access for any infrastructure in Provo.

As you seem to be willing to spread inaccurate information about me in your
effort to get elected, I will end my involvement in this conversation before I
get upset.

I think Pierre did a very good job expressing what I also feel makes a good
board candidate and that goal for the community isn’t aided by continuing this
discussion.

Best of luck!

- Rich