Re: [opensuse-project] How are we really doing?
On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 4:38 PM Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Traffic over the past year or more on the support lists and forums seems to
have gone way down.

Mailing lists are kinda a blast from the past. Messengers and chat tools have
taken over from that. Not that I like it but that's a reality we have to face.
People younger than ~20 years are just not used to the legacy tools or may not
even know them. Furthermore they might not want have yet another platform to
use just to get their toes into the pool.

Engagement in openSUSE mailing lists is quite painful compared to most
other distribution lists, because we don't have a nice interaction
model for our mailing lists. Compare our lists to Fedora's, and ours
are not really searchable, not easily subscribable, and just
straight-up not that usable.

Stasiek has been planning on helping with making the mailing lists a
lot better with a nice openSUSE-flavored theme for HyperKitty and
Postorius. The Mailman 3 stack landed in Tumbleweed recently, so that
process can begin.