Re: [opensuse-project] Board election... calling for candidates :)

* Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> [12-15-19 19:23]:

On 12/16/19 4:58 AM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Hi,

We're about 11 days away for the application for Board candidacy to
close. Come on, step up and run for Board now! The project needs you.
are there no candidates yet or am I misreading between the lines?

If the last few years are anything to go by often people leave it pretty
late in the process before they get around to announcing they are
running. People tend to forget until the call comes up then take a week
or too to think about it and announce they will run.

and perhaps this particular forum does not reach the greatest number of
interested individuals?

That's why its on news.opensuse.org and then linked to in a number of
other places such as twitter etc, but if you think there is somewhere we
should have announced it but haven't feel free to share the link there
and maybe let the election officials know so they can post there next year.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30