Re: [opensuse-project] Dead project on github: openSUSE/vagrant
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 16:36:54 +0000
Richard Brown <rbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2019-11-11 at 09:35 +0000, Dan Cermak wrote:
Hi list,

do we have a policy how to address dead upstream projects from the
openSUSE project?

I have submitted a pull request to the openSUSE/vagrant project 3
months
ago to replace it's current state with a set of new build recipes
that
I've been working on and that are now used to build the official
Tumbleweed Vagrant box on Vagrant Cloud. Unfortunately, the project
appears to be dead properly (afaik the main maintainer does no longer
work for SUSE) and my pull request has only been reviewed by external
contributors.

Can we do something about this? I'd be willing to (co-)maintain this
project, so that the build recipes can finally be public. Or I'd
request
a new project to be created and archive openSUSE/vagrant instead?

As someone with admin access to the openSUSE github organisation, the
fact I know you and your vagrant expertise, and the fact I can confirm
the repo seems to be unmaintained, I've added you as a maintainer of
the repo.

If anyone objects to this (especially Henne or Adam who also have
access), please speak up :)

No objections at all - would be great to see this continue :-)