Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:56:12 +0100
Am Montag, 11. November 2019, 04:10:36 CET schrieb Jim Henderson:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:31:07 +0400, Ish Sookun wrote:
Hi Jim,

On 11/10/19 12:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
Emphatically no. My concerns were not addressed, so I did not vote.

Had my concerns been addressed, I may have voted yes, or I may have
voted no.

The mailing list thread existed to address concerns. You could keep
asking questions until all your concerns are addressed for you to be
able to settle on a "Yes" or "No" answer.

I *did* continue asking questions. Nobody responded to them.

So I gave up. I have better things to do than to keep saying the same
thing over and over and be ignored.

I finally settled on "if I don't get an answer to this, I'll just STFU."
And I didn't get an answer. Nobody addressed my questions of concerns.
NOBODY.

Sorry Jim, but this is not true. Many questions were raised and answered in
these 42.000 mails on this thread. And a separate Wiki page was set up to
address pros and cons. Answering the same questions over and over does not
help anyone.

I explained why it was not feasible to decide "yes" or "no" without
knowing what we might potentially change the name to. I repeatedly said
that that *mattered*, and nobody tried to understand.

That was a discussion inside the board as well, and the decision was to not
have a bunch of offerings, which in doubt would have not been the right names
anyway. It would have been an additional 42.000 mails (at least...) on the
discussion which name to chose. A never ending story.

The poll may have had weaknesses, but the result is a clear one, and we can
look forward to the work related to the founding of a legal entity

Best
Axel