Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Chittesh Sham <chittesh@lsl.digital>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:10:50 +0400
Hello Ish,

Do we have a date of when the voting process will start?

Cheers,

Chittesh

On 11/12/19 9:38 AM, Ish Sookun wrote:
Hi Jim,

On 11/11/19 7:14 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
If the proposed name was, I don't know, "GoatSe Linux", I'd vote
emphatically NO, because that would be a stupid and offensive name.

If the proposed name was "Chameleon Linux" - I probably would have voted
"yes".
Several people explained that the vote process will be in two phases. If
in the first members decided to change the name then we would have gone
with a "call for proposed names". The board would have then vetted those
names and the Election Committee be called to carry the second vote.

We could have a list of dozens of names with a "none of the above" option.

But you seem to insist on settling on the project names first and then
carry a vote.

Regards,

Ish Sookun