Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results

* Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-08-19 12:00]:
Op vrijdag 8 november 2019 17:49:46 CET schreef Patrick Shanahan:
while I personally want to keep the present "openSUSE" moniker, basing
anything on the vote results is critically flawed as Carlos and I
mentioned earlier and in related threads. Those choosing not to vote
as no agreeable option was presented skews the results and no-one can
determine the true wants of the community. The *only* thing you can
report is that OF THE PEOPLE VOTING, 84% opted to keep openSUSE. you
would get a similar and worthless result if only three poeple voted
and two opted to keep the name.

In the future, if a vote is proposed, at least determine what is
necessary to display the wants of the community as nearly as possible
rather than ONLY the desires of those choosing to vote.

Can we read this as your stepping up as a future election-official?
Apparently they missed your wisdom.

an *opinion* poll is worthless unless options are provided to include all
wanting to vote and results are worthless without those options.

Why would you vote in an *opinion* poll if you yourself have decided
that forever reason you do not have an *opinion*, the *opinions* we were
after were to change or not change, and it is clear that the opinion of
most is not to change so now the board is off to try our best to make
that work. Having 5-50 votes saying unsure / I abstain / whatever other
thing you wanted to say wouldn't have made any difference to the way the
board interprets the result.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

List Navigation
Follow Ups