Re: [opensuse-project] postmaster@xxxxxxx and spam on opensuse.org addresses
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:38:20 +0100
Cy O'Hara wrote:

Hi all,

Being a recent attendee to this “forum", makes it hard for me to
follow all that is available to understand and follow.

Additionally, I am often reluctant to jump in with my penny worth.

My original step into your world was because I tried several times to
get into openSUSE, but failed on each occasion.

My hardware comprises a MacBook air and my still serviceable, 32 bit
Inspiron 6400 Dell, and yet they all still remain empty of the world
of openSUSE. Even a secure email platform would be something. Do I
walk away from this, or is there a door in?

Hi Cy

just some comments -

- don't be reluctant to jump in, there's no need, we don't bite (even if
we do occasionally bark).

- top-posting is frowned upon, we prefer bottom posting with comments
in-line.

- replying to a thread and changing the topic is called "thread
hijacking" and it's just poor netiquette.

- this is the opensuse-project list, one of many mailing lists we
operate. Picking the right one can be a little daunting - your
question is much better put on e.g. opensuse, opensuse-support or in
the opensuse forums. On this list we try to deal with the openSUSE
project governance etc.

No barking intended :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.6°C)