Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
Hi Basil,

On 11/9/19 9:20 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

Nobody really believes that a handful of only 491 "members" using
openSUSE/Tumbleweed represents "the community", do they?

I think we need to make a difference between the community as a whole
and project members. The vote was for project members to help the Board
get an idea about this "project name changing topic".

Anyone is welcome to join the openSUSE community and express their
opinion about the topic on the mailing list; whether they are an
openSUSE member, contributor, user or not even using openSUSE at all.

We reminded people on the list on several occasions that to be eligible
to vote one has to become an openSUSE member. Now, I quote from the wiki
[1] this slight difference between being a member of the openSUSE
community and an openSUSE Member.

« openSUSE Members are community members who have provided continued
and substantial contributions to the openSUSE project and are given
voting rights and the ability to run for the openSUSE board. »

Also, the membership rules about contributions have been smoothened to
allow more people become eligible for membership.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Members