Re: [opensuse-project] postmaster@xxxxxxx and spam on opensuse.org addresses
On 09/11/2019 13.49, Mathias Homann wrote:
Hi,

I think I've already posted about this, but I think there really needs
to be done something.

About 75% or even more of the spam I'm getting arrives at my
opensuse.org email, and on closer inspection has been directly delivered
to the secondary MX for opensuse.org.

I take that spam, and feed it through spamcop.net which results in a
complaint being sent to postmaster@xxxxxxx, and I am getting the feeling
that no one reads mails to that address, because in I don't know how
many years I have gotten not a SINGLE reaction.

From the behaviour of "the system I can draw two conclusions:
1. that MX has no spam filter capabilities what so ever, not even
something as simple as dns based block lists
2. no one gives a shit.

The opensuse.org mail address is a redirector only, so it has no
capability to put spam on another folder. Thus it relies on the antispam
services at your own ISP, at the destination real address you define.

Me, I would not like the redirector to block spam: it is up to me to
decide what is spam. What if it bounces something that I want? As it is
not an actual mail service, there is no way in which I can tune the
filters for /my/ account.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.