[opensuse-project] postmaster@xxxxxxx and spam on opensuse.org addresses
Hi,

I think I've already posted about this, but I think there really needs
to be done something.

About 75% or even more of the spam I'm getting arrives at my
opensuse.org email, and on closer inspection has been directly delivered
to the secondary MX for opensuse.org.

I take that spam, and feed it through spamcop.net which results in a
complaint being sent to postmaster@xxxxxxx, and I am getting the feeling
that no one reads mails to that address, because in I don't know how
many years I have gotten not a SINGLE reaction.

From the behaviour of "the system I can draw two conclusions:
1. that MX has no spam filter capabilities what so ever, not even
something as simple as dns based block lists
2. no one gives a shit.

I have already posted on that suse internal tracker thing that was
suggested to me last time I said anything - and also no real reaction
other than someone answering in a truly noncommital way, see
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/55838

so ... can I have some numbers about the mail volume on the opensuse.org
domains? do we have to deal with the mail servers for opensuse.org
ourselves?

I mean, there is so much that *can* be done, spamassassin *with* DNS
blacklists, postgrey, you name it.

Cheers
MH

--