Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:57:46 +0100
Op vrijdag 8 november 2019 17:49:46 CET schreef Patrick Shanahan:
while I personally want to keep the present "openSUSE" moniker, basing
anything on the vote results is critically flawed as Carlos and I mentioned
earlier and in related threads. Those choosing not to vote as no
agreeable option was presented skews the results and no-one can determine
the true wants of the community. The *only* thing you can report is that
OF THE PEOPLE VOTING, 84% opted to keep openSUSE. you would get a similar
and worthless result if only three poeple voted and two opted to keep the
name.

In the future, if a vote is proposed, at least determine what is necessary
to display the wants of the community as nearly as possible rather than
ONLY the desires of those choosing to vote.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan
Can we read this as your stepping up as a future election-official? Apparently

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member