Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:09:37 +0100
Hello Christian,

Am Freitag, 8. November 2019, 15:50:02 CET schrieb Christian Imhorst:
thank you! Then we had an electoral participation of 54%. Mmmh, not much
but expected I suppose.

Vote participations are always a topics for itself...be it a political vote or
a name change vote. IMO, if you have the option to vote, it is a implicit duty
to do so. If you cant vote, like in many countries around the world, you will
much more feel the wish to vote and influence the result. Every vote counts!

The result is that 84% of the voters want to keep openSUSE, and this is a
clear vote to my understanding. So we (the board) will continue with the next
steps in direction of a legal structure for the openSUSE project.

Personally I feel that the result is 'good', as openSUSE is a strong and well
known brand.

Cheers
Axel

--