  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 15:24:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2019-10-24 at 15:52 +0200, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2019, 15:20:03 CEST schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
I don't want to blame or shame them anyhow. It just emphasizes the
spelling
problems "openSUSE" has and will have in the future without changing the
name.
The problem is, we cannot change the name every time someone misspells it

I get that but have quite a different point of view on such details. If tech
press does not care for correct name spelling - where else do the have loose
standards for their writings?

I'l take on that ;-)

How can we blame them, if we are not able in the openSUSE distribution to ship spellers that corrects the wrong spelling to the correct one?
Applies to any trademark spelling.

Yes, I have been told that this is impossible to get. But still...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from openSUSE 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)